Call for a Free Consultation: (480) 757-0000

Clear Aligners vs. Braces: Comparing the Pros and Cons

Making the Choice Between Clear Aligners or Braces

While metal braces have been around for hundreds of years, clear aligners have taken the orthodontics industry by storm over the past couple of decades. As people learn more about the options they have for straightening their teeth, they’re becoming more interested in the invisible alternative to traditional metal braces.

The question is: Are clear aligners or braces the better choice?

At QuickSmiles, we use Invisalign clear aligners and provide services that are better and more affordable than you’ll find anywhere else. Let’s compare these options and determine which one will be the right fit for you.

Do Clear Aligners Work as Well as Braces?

The first clear aligners were created more than 20 years ago. And while they were initially used for only basic smile corrections, the technology has progressed dramatically since then.

At QuickSmiles, thanks to these improvements in clear aligner technology, we can use the Invisalign system to handle more than 95% of orthodontic cases.

People who use clear aligners vs braces find the invisible alternative is more comfortable and works faster. On average, treatment with standard metal braces takes as long as 18 – 36 months with 25 or more visits to the orthodontists. With clear aligners at QuickSmiles, treatment only takes 6 – 12 months and around 3 – 5 orthodontist visits.

Clear aligners are also a more affordable option than braces when you receive your treatment at QuickSmiles because we offer the lowest Invisalign prices in the nation.

Clear Aligners

See if Clear Aligners are right for you with a FREE Smile Consultation

Book Yours Today

Clear Aligners vs Traditional Braces Pros and Cons

Clear Aligners Pros

The pros of clear aligners extend to many different aspects of the treatment process.

  • A virtually invisible substitute for traditional braces without uncomfortable wires or rubber bands.
  • You can take them out to brush your teeth, floss, and eat.
  • Don’t have to worry about food restrictions.
  • Save up to 60% when comparing the cost of clear aligners vs braces!
  • Less trips to the orthodontist’s office.
  • Fitted to your teeth for a comfortable treatment solution.

Braces Pros

Metal braces have been around since the 18th century, making them the most long-standing option for straightening teeth.

  • Choose between lingual, ceramic, and other types of braces.
  • Customize your braces with creative rubber band colors.
  • Used for hundreds of years to fix almost any orthodontic need.

Clear Aligners Cons

The list of disadvantages of using clear aligners is shrinking as the industry continues to expand its technology.

  • With clear aligners, you must be responsible for wearing them for a minimum of 22 hours per day. Any less could affect your treatment.
  • They can be lost or broken without proper care.
  • Unable to treat the most severe orthodontic cases (only about 5%, while still being an option for the other 95%)

Braces Cons

While more time tested, traditional braces come with their own disadvantages.

  • Metal braces are clearly visible any time you eat, smile, laugh, or talk.
  • Brushing your teeth can be difficult as you navigate between the brackets and wire.
  • Up to 60% more expensive than affordable clear aligners alternatives.
  • There are many restrictions for what you can’t eat including gum, hard candy, and popcorn.
  • Visit the orthodontist frequently during your treatment time.
  • Brackets are easily broken and lead to even more orthodontist appointments.

Are Clear Aligners Cheaper than Braces?

For many years, clear aligners were considered a more exclusive and expensive option when compared to metal braces. But as reputable clear aligners like QuickSmiles have come to the industry, this invisible alternative is much more accessible and affordable.

If you find a properly balanced solution between at-home clear aligners and traditional orthodontics services, the price becomes cost-friendly.

There is a clear winner when comparing the clear aligners vs braces cost. Traditional metal braces can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $7,000 for your treatment due to the longer time frame and higher number or orthodontist visits.

With top-rated Invisalign clear aligners from QuickSmiles, pricing plans start at $2,450 and affordable payments as low as $63 per month. This can mean savings of up to 60% on your orthodontic treatment.

Do clear aligners or traditional braces sound like the right choice for you? Click here to learn more about Invisalign clear aligners through QuickSmiles!

Memberships & Accreditations We are Certified

american board of orthodontists logo
american association of orthodontists logo
diamond invisalign provider logo

Start Your Best Smile Here

Schedule your Free Smile Consultation today! Book Now1-480-757-0000